Monday, April 25, 2011

Vapid

as directly as I possibly can
I have avoided every opportunity given to me
if appearing as though
there is some semblance of intelligence
behind the vapidness
is misleading, well then I'm just too stupid to realize
aren't I
some nights, my only wish is to go to sleep
feeling as good as I do when I wake up in the morning
with a clear mind, and a quiet life
with the misguided concept that something different could happen
life may yet become worthwhile
or, god forbid, fun
I want to love, I know I could
Ive seen it on TV
it doesn't end well, but I can recover
for your sake, I will avoid the impending destruction
as I have always done
(that's not to say you didn't help)
but I care far too much to put any effort forth
these days I feel dead

No comments:

Post a Comment