Monday, April 25, 2011

Espionage

What memories could I associate with this place that would make me think fondly on it? Doors, windows and something like crushing defeat. How many people have walked out that door before and just never returned? I needed some time to myself. I needed to go a little crazy.

I'm walking down the cold dark streets every night now. They're just dark enough to feel dangerous until I walk past the drunk girls who are screaming and laughing and crying all at once. Maybe it's all new to them, it's the fun they couldn't have before, the best night of their lives. Maybe they've been doing this night after night because they can't deal with it anymore. I'd like to ask them, but they couldn't tell me; they're walking around in the darkness too.

No comments:

Post a Comment