Monday, April 25, 2011

Burning Halogen

I'm searching for her now, but she found me and she's the one who knows how to find me. I'm searching and I'm getting nowhere. I'm worried, not because I'll never see her again and not because she didn't mean a word of what she said, but because I'm starting to forget; I'm starting to forget the facets of her that make her unique from any of the other girls, from the girls I see in the streets and in the stores, the girls who will never mean a thing to me. She becomes like me, a shadow on a wall, a specter in a room, a ghost of a life form and though she has left, I don't want to lose her, so I'm searching.

Through the hours of the night she penetrates my thoughts with a force her small being could never have mustered on its own, and with her, without her, I feel truly alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment